Start with a Goal
Think about why you're walking, and remind yourself that you're raising money for an important cause. Tell your supporters about the difference AIDS Walk New Haven makes in the lives of individuals and families affected by HIV and AIDS.
It really doesn't hurt to ask... you will find donations and generosity in some unexpected places
- Your Family - Parents, Grandparents, Siblings, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins
- Your Friends - Old And New, Far And Wide. Raising Funds For AIDS Walk Oklahoma City Could Be The Excuse You Were Looking For To Make That Long Overdue Phone Call
- Your Boss, Your Co-Workers, YourSignificant Others' Boss And Co-Workers
- Your Neighbors, Your Doctor, Your Real Estate Agent, Your Accountant
- People At Your Place Of Worship
- People You Take Classes With, Play Sports With, Share Hobbies With Or Who Are Members Of A Club You Belong To
- That Person You Have Been Trying To Introduce Yourself To
- Set a good example and sponsor yourself with a generous donation!
Talk it Up!
Ask your doctor, dentist, grocer, or favorite business owner to support you. Think global; ask associates you deal with all over the world!
Form a Team
You'll have more fun working together with your teammates to raise money. Think of creative ways to fundraise as a team, or start a friendly competition and see who can bring in the most money for your team!
Work it at Work
Hang a donation sheet and AIDS Walk New Haven flyer by the copier or other high traffic area. Collect donations at a staff meeting or email your co-workers a link to your personal fundraising page.
Make it Competitive
Set up a little contest among those you ask and offer a prize to the winner. Send out weekly updates to raise the heat.
Office Potluck or Bake Sale
Ask each of your coworkers to prepare their specialty and host a potluck or bake sale. Collect a donation at the door, or sell your treats as an afternoon snack!
If you are forming a workplace team, offer a Casual Friday, or several Casual Fridays, when people can wear jeans to work- IF they donate.
Do you have a birthday, anniversary or other special occasion coming up? Instead of gifts, ask for donations!
Mail a letter to everyone you know explaining your reasons for walking and asking for their support. Include a self-addressed, stamped envelop and watch the checks roll in!
Cook a fancy dinner or host a summer barbeque. Ask your guests to donate what they would pay in a restaurant for a similar meal.
Make it Personal
Share details of a loved one you've lost or someone living with HIV or personal hero of yours may have died of AIDS. The world has lost some of its most talented artists, greatest athletes and finest human beings to AIDS.